I just tried that Countdown Widget and it doesn't seem to be working. The numbers just stayed at 0. I really like it, I think it could be a very fun and helpful tool, if it worked. Also, I have had a My Yahoo and an iGoogle page for sometime now and I think they are great time-savers! And they are really easy to set up!
Calendars, (I must be crabby today) ughhh, how many calendars does a person need!? If you don't already have a calendar system, then these are a great bet! If I get another calendar, I will be spending half my day just making sure all of them are accurate and up-to-date. I have an online calendar through my current employer, and, I also have lots of things posted on our wiki, and I have an actual paper desk calendar too.
I chose iGoogle as my start page since I use Google Reader then it's all right there for me. My personal email is Yahoo so I also use My Yahoo when I'm at home.
I can see the calendars and other tools being helpful to someone who has a laptop and is virtually paper free. This way everything from doctor appointments to grocery lists will be right there in their computer. I still need paper. I'm not ready to move to putting everything online. Right now the online calendar would be beneficial because I could have access to it wherever I have access to the web, which is really just at home and work, where I actually have a print calendar that I use. I think I'll write more another day when I'm in a better mood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment