Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 12

I must be in a really bad mood today because these just seem like the same old thing, just with a different twist, as Facebook or MySpace. It just seems like another way to get news and information that you want, but is it news and information that you really need?
* Do these tools seem to be a productivity enhancer or a productivity detractor?
With Digg you have the ability to weed out certain subject areas like sports or celebrity news which can be a time saver. I do feel that these tools can be a productivity detractor though. There is so much news and information floating around out there in cyber space that I think it can only be beneficial if the user really knows how make the service work for them -showing them news/information that is relevant to them. There were some postings on Digg that just didn't seem very important to me but were highly rated by others.
* Have you ever read a story/item as a result of seeing it on one of these sites?
I have never read a story/item as a result of seeing on of those sites. In fact, this is the first I have heard of that type of site and I'm not impressed.

No comments: