Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 20 My Space

One thing I noticed at HCL's My Space page, or it might have been Denver PL's, anyway, was that authors could post announcements, like, "Hey, my book is coming out in just a couple days!" That a great, and free, way for them to advertise. My husband has a My Space page and he uses it in a lot of ways. He can exchange ideas, information, and thoughts with friends, and friends of friends, he can post announcements and get announcements from others, he can meet people, and converse with them. There really is a lot you can do with these sites. That YouTube Common Craft episode really did a great job of explaining social networking sites. I briefly had a My Space account but never used it and forgot about it. I think it is a great way for libraries to get in touch with generation that used Facebook and My Space. I think it's a great way to make announcements and to get information out to a specific audience.

No comments: