Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Thing 15 Games and Gaming
O.k. that was annoying. I created a log in, etc. for Second Life and then tried to install the software or plug-in or whatever and it said that it wasn't allowed because I'm not an administrator so I'm not going to try Second Life. Also, I don't know if I can keep track of another login and password. I also tried the Pirate game too and that took forever to download. For teens and some adults I can see how games would have major appeal. I have played online Scrabble before with my sister who lived in Milwaukee and that was great fun. It's another way to be social, without really being social. You can make up names, avatars, etc. so you can be anonymous. I think for teens it has such mass appeal because alot of them are at that shy, awkward, and uncomfortable stage so it's great to be anonymous or be someone else for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't think much of Second Life but some folks love it I guess. I do like other online games, though. I like World of Warcraft and it is a very social game. It isn't free, though.
You are doing a nice job blogging about the Things. I enjoyed visiting your blog.
Post a Comment